2019 Rotary Club of Strongsville Official Duck Race Rules
1. Estimated 5,000 rubber ducks will be available for adoption and entered in the race. Ducks may be adopted from on-line from the Strongsville Rotary Clubs Duck Race website. www.strongsvilleduckrace.com. In addition, various schools and other non profit organizations are facilitating duck adoptions in return for a donation from the Presenter(Rotary Club of Strongsville) based on the number of adoptions they process. The Presenter and those organizations are seeking both individuals and businesses to adopt ducks for a minimum donation of $10 per duck, 3 for $20 or 10 for $50. All ducks purchased together will be listed under one name. Winners will be determined by the first adopted ducks to cross the finish line. Chances of winning depend on the total number of qualified entries
2. Ducks will be dropped into the Metroparks Rocky River in Strongsville around 2pm. on June 1, 2019. Weather conditions or other interferences may affect race time. The racecourse will be established by the Presenter. Presenter reserves the right to change or alter the starting location or method at its discretion. If extreme circumstances beyond the reasonable control of Presenter prevent the event from occurring on June 1, 2019, winners will be determined by a random drawing of adopted duck numbers. Such drawing will be scheduled and conducted by Presenter.
3. All rubber ducks shall remain the property of the Presenter and handling and possession of the ducks will be by Presenter only. Prior to the beginning of the race a unique number will be assigned to each duck adoption; each adoption will be assigned one number. Multiple duck adoptions on one entry form will be assigned multiple duck identification numbers. Each assigned number will correspond to a unique number affixed to each of the rubber ducks. Prizes will be awarded to the adopters whose names appear on the adoption forms corresponding to the qualifying ducks crossing the finish line in the order detailed in paragraph 5 below. A list of adopters and corresponding duck numbers, as of 9:00a.m. on June 1, 2019, will be available on site prior to the start of the race.
4. Once ducks are dropped (see paragraph 2, above), they are on their own, except that Presenter reserves the right to manually maneuver a duck that deviates off the racecourse. Otherwise, no attempt will be made to free or interfere with any duck unless deemed necessary by the Presenter. The natural rivers edge will be used to establish the open water racecourse and contain ducks while on the racecourse. The ducks will race to the finish line/ collection trap that will serve as the finish line. All ducks will be retrieved and removed from the water following the race conclusion.
5. The first 5 adopted ducks to cross the finish line will be deemed the consecutive winners. Prizes will be awarded per the following schedule: 1st Place = $2,500, 2nd Place = $1,000, 3rd Place = $500, 4th Place = $100 5th Place = $100.
6. Prize winners will be announced following the race. Prize winners must be 18 years of age and present valid identification. If a minor wins any of the prizes, that prize will be transferred to the child’s legal guardian. Winners do not need to be present to win. When necessary, winners will be notified by telephone. If a winner does not claim his/her prize from presenter within 30 days of the conclusion of the race,Presenter reserves the right to select an alternative prize winner through a random drawing of adoption numbers. A list of prize winners will be posted at www.Strongsvilleduckrace.com within 48 hours of the conclusion of the race (or drawing, if needed). By adopting one or more ducks, adopters release Presenter and its officers, directors, members and other related entities from any and all liability with respect to prizes. All local, state and/or federal taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Any required Federal and Ohio taxes will be withheld from winnings. By adopting a duck, winners consent to the promotional use of their names and likenesses by the Presenter without additional compensation.
7. The entry portion of each adoption form must be completely filled out and delivered to the Presenter, either via electronic means on the website www.Strongsvilleduckrace.com by 5:00 PM on June 1, 2019 or physically delivered to the Presenter by 1pm on June 1, 2019; any adoptions received by mail or electronically after 5:00 PM on May 31, 2019 may not be eligible for prizes. Also, no further adoptions will be accepted by any means after all 5,000 ducks (or total number of ducks as determined by the Presenter, whichever may be greater) have been adopted. If not all ducks have been adopted prior to race day, adoption forms and donations will be physically accepted at the event up until 1 hour prior to the announced race time.
8. This event is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law. The Strongsville Rotary Club Duck Race and its logo are the property of Presenter and no other person or entity is authorized to copy or use them without the express written consent of the Presenter.
9. The Presenter reserves the right to distribute proceeds at their own discretion. For further information regarding the intended use of proceeds see www.StrongsvilleDuckRace.com.
10. No one is ineligible from participating in duck adoptions. Strongsville Rotary Club members, spouses, household members and all sponsors are eligible to win. The presenter asserts the validity and integrity of the event, and welcomes anyone to witness the race. Inquiries may be mailed to Strongsville Rotary Club Duck Race, PO Box 360401, Strongsville, OH 44136.